"Hey mom......hey.....hey dad!" I glanced around the dinner table, hoping someone - anyone - was listening. To my dismay, no one was. So I shouted at the top of my 4 year old lungs, "HEY. EVERYONE. WAIT. I've got somethin' to say..."

And that's why I'm here. Writing a blog that, let's face it, no one but my mom will read. (Shout out to Mrs. Kapke, who, after years of trial and error, eventually became my #1 listener!) But I'm used to being ignored, so it's really no big deal. Oh, the ramblings of a youngest...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vicodin and politics

Tuesday, January 3rd is a pretty memorable day for me, for a few reasons. First, I had maxillofacial surgery. Second, the Iowa Caucus went down, clown.


If you don't know what maxillofacial surgery is, don't worry. It's just the cool way of saying I had my wisdom teeth dug out of my head. No big deal. Actually, it WAS a big deal.


I distinctly remember talking about Star Wars with my nurses as my "happy gas" set in and I fell into a deep sleep. After waking up from my "nap," I was still talking about Star Wars. According to my mom, I talked to her about my boy Luke for a good hour before she finally told me to stop.


"Enough about Star Wars!" you say, "I got enough of that in the 80's when it was actually sort of cool." Ok, ok. Forgive me for being utterly outdated.


When I got home, my mom gave me a boat load of vicodin (drugs) and a milkshake. My mouth was still entirely numb, so it came as no surprise that the majority of the milkshake never made it into my recently obliterated mouth; most of it was on my chin. or the counter. or my shirt. If you don't believe me, my mom took pictures. Because, you know, she really loves me.


About this time, Fox News started following the Iowa Caucus. And the good news is that even when I'm on drugs, I still enjoy a night of Fox News covering corn field politics. But seriously, I was ecstatic.


I was all snuggled up on the couch, eating chocolate pudding and texting fellow political lame-o, Reed. We were cheering for Santorum and Romney. Actually, we were really just hoping Ron Paul would LOSE. Which, for all practical purposes, he did. Holla at yer gurll!


I'm not going to go into details as to WHY I dislike Ronny so much, but suffice it to say that I think he'd make a worse President than my 7 year old niece. And she still thinks unicorns are real.


I'm going to try to post a video that you should watch. It made me laugh for five years straight. It's of my dear friend Mr. Paul. I'm not convinced it's even dubbed over.....


1 comment:

  1. You should add one of those pictures Aunt Sue took.

    Oh, and captchcas are lame.

    ReplyDelete