"Hey mom......hey.....hey dad!" I glanced around the dinner table, hoping someone - anyone - was listening. To my dismay, no one was. So I shouted at the top of my 4 year old lungs, "HEY. EVERYONE. WAIT. I've got somethin' to say..."

And that's why I'm here. Writing a blog that, let's face it, no one but my mom will read. (Shout out to Mrs. Kapke, who, after years of trial and error, eventually became my #1 listener!) But I'm used to being ignored, so it's really no big deal. Oh, the ramblings of a youngest...

Friday, January 6, 2012

Call me crazy, daisy

As I sat here deciding what I wanted to write about for my FIRST EVER BLOG POST, everything from politics to weddings came to mind. (Actually, I only had two ideas: politics and weddings. But anyway.) I decided against those grand topics, and decided I'd just write a cutesie-tootise little welcome post.

So, welcome, chickies. I promise to do my best to write things worth reading. This is going to be a great adventure and I'm sure we'll all have the time of our lives.

(I just had that horrible feeling I get when I'm talking to myself. Out loud. In public. Now I'm wondering if anyone will even read my blog. Unfortunately, the odds are not in my favor. Oh well.)

So here it is. My attempt at blogging. My attempt at speaking my thoughts and posting them in a somewhat artistic yet organized manner. Call me a dreamer. Call me crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment